Applied Econometrics 2019 – 2020
Prerequisites and co-requisites:
Probability and statistics. Familiarity with linear algebra and multivariate calculus is assumed.
Learning outcomes and competences: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to explain and work with the basic methods of modern econometrics, univariate and multivariate regression analysis, the application of regression models to time series and panel data,etc..
- Overview of Econometrics
- Statistics Review
- Univariate Regression
- Multivariate Regression
- Regression with Dummy Variables
- Time Series
- Panel Data
- Instrumental Variables
- Limited Dependent Variables
- Assignments 15%
- In-class quiz: 15%
- Mid-term test 30%
- Final test 40%
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey (2015). Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach. South-western College Publishers, 6th Edition.
- Introduction to Econometrics by Stock and Watson, Econometric Analysis by William H. Greene
- Econometrics by Fumio Hayashi, and Mostly Harmless Econometrics by Angrist and Pischke.