Application to VŠE step-by-step
1. Fill in the E-application
2. Pay application fee based on instructions in E-application (50 EUR or 1 300 CZK)
3. Send required scanned documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have done this, please, skip to step No. 4.)
- Bachelor diploma or Confirmation when you will complete your Bachelor studies
- if your diploma is NOT from the Czech Rep./Slovakia/Slovenia/Hungary/Poland, then follow the diploma recognition procedure
- English language certificate:
- TOEFL ibT ≥ 95 ( Internet based test)
- or IELTS 6.5
- or CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
- or BEC Higher (Business English Higher)
- or the proof of Bachelor studies in English
- if you hold another language certificate of level C1, contact the Academic Director
- or proof of being English native speaker
- transcript of completed courses
- motivation letter
- structured C.V.
- one reference (from relevant person from the studies at the university, incl. contact details – position, address, e-mail, telephone)
4. Send required original documents (or copies legalised by notary) by normal mail to address (alternatively bring originals to Office Hours)
doc. Ing. Zuzana Křečková, M.A., Ph.D.
Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze
Faculty of International Relations
W. Churchill sq. 4
130 67 Prague 3
All the above mentioned steps should be done by 30th April 2019
5. Expect to be contacted by e-mail for scheduling ORAL INTERVEIW (in person or by Skype) in late April 2019
6. Conduct oral interview in the first half of May 2019
The oral interview exam has the following form and content:
An oral exam is conducted in English, in which the applicant must demonstrate an ability to formulate answers to the questions posed in the fields of economics, international trade and integration at the level of a completed bachelor’s study, and knowledge of current issues in international trade, integration, and the Czech Republic’s and the EU’s positions in economic areas. The admission exam is either in person at the University of Economics, Prague or via Skype interview. The framework content of the exam is knowledge at the State Bachelor Examination level at the University of Economics, Prague. The candidate can get a maximum of 100 points.
The assessment of aptitude for study has the following form and content:
Aptitude for study is assessed from a structured curriculum vitae, a statement of current study results of tertiary education (transcript of records), a letter of recommendation in the form of an academic or work reference, and a motivation letter in English. The criteria for assessment are study and personality assumptions based on the curriculum vitae and the recommendation and motivation letters, learning outcomes achieved and the composition of the previous studies with regard to the focus of the specific programme. The candidate can get a maximum of 50 points.